So I said I was going to be doing posts about Marco & I, just Marco and just me. Well, I figured it has been long enough and I need to do the post about me. I've been waiting to do it until I had recent pictures of me and my ever growing belly, but as of right now I can't find the cord to connect to the computer to upload pictures. Maybe by the end of this post I will have found the energy to go looking and possibly post some pictures. For the time being you will just have to enjoy my ramblings.
Not really sure where to start so I think I will type whatever comes into my mind as I go along.
The first thing I've been thinking about lately is the fact that people have been asking me "Where's your belly button?" Umm...where everyone else's belly button is, of course. I find this question a little odd and quite amusing. I realize that my stomach is getting exponentially larger and at this point in the game you would probably be able to see a big old belly button making an appearance under my clothes. Well guess what? Some people have inny belly buttons and mine has become flat and will most likely not be popping out for all to see. If you were really looking forward to that, I apologize. It has started to hurt a little when touched and I'm thinking this will only get worse as my stomach continues to grow.
Next topic. I've really been forgetting things as of late including how to say certain things. Thankfully it hasn't affected work too much, but that is in large part due to the fact that my attorneys know I am forgetting and will email everything to me so it can help me remember. About me forgetting how to say certain things here are a couple of stories for you. ONE - I was looking for my flip flops in preparation of me going somewhere (as they are WAY easier for me to put on than tennis shoes) and I was getting frustrated that I couldn't find them. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't really remember what they were called and in all of my efforts to recall the name of what I was looking for I came up with this: flops of flippiness. Marco likes it and said he might start using it. maybe. TWO - I was getting dressed after taking my shower and decided to examine my belly to see if it had grown and I discovered a stretch mark (thank you mother). However, I couldn't remember what this was called either and as I called out to Marco (very distressed mind you) I said, "AHHH! I've got a mark of stretchiness!" Don't ask me why my brain is starting to work this way but it makes me laugh. I know there have been other events but I forget.
I'm getting really, really, really tired. All the time. I want to go to sleep at about 6 or 6:30 and have to force myself to stay awake until at least 8:00. I'm not really sure how I completely make it through the day at work as I am constantly yawning and wishing there was nap time. I know this comes with the territory but it makes me wonder how I'm going to continue working until my scheduled maternity leave. I think I'll probably become more sluggish each and every day, which seems to be the case right now.
The baby is doing well. She is getting bigger and more wiggly. Well, I don't know if wiggly is really the right word. She most rolls around. It is an odd feeling but I am definitely glad I am feeling her move around often. It is fun to watch my belly change forms and think about the amazing little being that is growing in it. I am getting very excited to meet her. No we have not picked a name for our little girl. We have a list of names we like and will be deciding what her name will be when we see her so everyone will find out what her name will be after she makes her debut.
I passed my glucose test. It was the worst test ever. It made me way sick and I didn't like it one bit.
I am RH negative and had to get my shot a couple appointments ago. Man was it painful and it made my butt/hip area hurt for the whole day. And in case you don't know, RH negative means I have a negative blood type and my blood could end up attacking my baby's blood since Marco most likely has a positive blood type. There is a lot more too it than that, but that is all I have coming out of my head right now as a way to explain. Look it up if you really want to know more. It is actually pretty interesting.
I'm the ward choir pianist. It is hard because I can't sit for long enough to practice the piano. It KILLS my back and hurts my wrists to play for long periods of time. It also doesn't help that the songs chosen for the choir to sing are ridiculously hard and requiring extra practicing on my part. If only I had Kimi piano playing skills.
I've found the joy of taking a bath. I've also found the joy of having a husband who will prepare the bath for me and light a whole bunch of candles and put them in the bathroom to make the space more relaxing. He has also ordered me some lavender oil and bath salts to put in the water to help relax my muscles. It is also pretty sweet that he has lots of muscles to help me out of the bath when I'm done. Pretty darn wonderful if you ask me.
I was going to mention this earlier but forgot and just now remembered. I think our little one has stage fright and people are starting to not believe me when I say she is moving a lot. Here is why. Whenever she starts moving and I tell someone that she is moving and they come over to feel she stops. When they walk away she starts up again. She will only continue moving if it is only Marco in the room and it is him I'm telling. One of these days we will catch it with our camera and I will prove to you that she does move. A lot. I have also found that one of the times she moves the most is when Marco and I are reading our scriptures together. I think she is trying to tell us that she totally knows what we are reading about and completely agrees. It makes my heart happy.
I'm going to be at the beginning of my 8th month next Thursday (a week from March 12). I'm starting to really realize how close she is to coming and it is making me a little nervous.
The last thing I am going to ramble on about is how blessed I feel. I am so grateful to still have a job that helps provide for our family. I love where we live and am so thankful for a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in and food to eat. I am so blessed to have a car that works and gets me where I need to go. I have such an amazing husband who is always there for me and whom I love more and more each day. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to know that I get to be with him for eternity. I am blessed to have awesome in laws and all the extended family that comes along with them. I love them and we get along wonderfully well. I am so grateful to have a very reliable way to communicate with my parents and sister, who are oh so far away from at me, at a moments notice. I am just so incredibly blessed to have the life I do and I can't thank my Father in Heaven enough for it. I know that if I am doing my very best to do all that is asked of me, He will continue to shower me with blessings - big and small.
So that is it. I hope you were all able to make it to the end.

4 comments:
My belly button didn't "pop" until the end, so you never know! Glad everything is going well! It's starting to get close........
Great post Jamie! Good luck as you go through your last weeks of pregnancy with your little cutie.
Do you happen to want a table? It's a sofa table that was in my family room for years, over on the left wall, it had a lamp and pictures on it. It's oak and has a shelf at the bottom too. Let me know if you want it. Emily is here and we enjoyed your blog together.
I wish I was with you!! I want Baby to know me before she's born and know my voice so when I cuddle her she'll think, "Oh, it's nana, good I can sleep now." Then she'll sleep so you can sleep. I think of her as Amelia, funny, huh? I don't know why I chose that name, but that' who she is to me. I can't believe it's not long now and Caelen will have arrived and I'll be heading for sunny California and Marco, Jamie and Baby!!! How exciting is that?
I loved the long entry and the flops of flippiness and marks of stretchiness. Very cool terms. I think they should be adopted by vote in the family, as terms used for the afore mentioned instead of their real terms. The end.
Several things -
1. My belly button doesn't 'pop', either. It never did with Brinkley, and it hasn't with Caelen. And you know how ginormous I was with Brinkley.
2. You are thinking in Spanish. That is why you are putting the nouns before the adjectives. It's the only explanation for such phrases as 'flops of flippiness'. You can count yourself as truly bilingual ;)
3.I'm glad you passed your glucose test. I don't think it's that awful, but every person is different. Just be happy you don't have to take the 3 hour one. Icky.
4. I didn't know the Rogam shot could make you hurt! Sad. I don't have to have the shot because Jeremy and I are both A-.
5. Why are you still playing for the ward? Piano benches and being uber pregnant DO NOT go together. For Pete's sake, I can't even sit in the pews at church for more than 15 minutes. Tell them you quit, temporarily. Those are my sisterly words of advice.
6.Hooray for relaxing baths. And A+ to Marco for the added touches!
7. You are super blessed because you are super wonderful. I can't wait to meet your little girl, and I can't wait for her and Caelen to be best friends :)
HUGS FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!
(And Brinkley sends a big Kiss - "Mah")
Post a Comment