Wednesday, November 3, 2010

baby? not so much.

Eliana has been in nursery at church for a few months now (she turns 18 months in November but let her go in early since both Marco and I have callings in primary). The first Sunday I went to go get her they told me she was so good, even better than some of the older children. I was happy to hear this as she has had some problems sharing with children who are visiting our home, but I wasn't sure whether or not she would continue to be super good.

Well, she has. She has also grown up a lot these past few months and it wasn't until I saw these pictures a nursery leader took how much she really has grown. I don't have a baby anymore. I have a little girl and what an amazing, wonderful little girl she is.

So if you look closely you will see that she is grabbing the cow piece of the puzzle.
And as you see here she put the cow piece of the puzzle exactly where it should go.
I think Eliana just might have a little admirer. Actually, she has many little admirers, but who can blame them? Look at that face!
I think this is the cutest picture and it is what made me really realize I have a little girl now, not a baby. Babies do not play on teeter totters. Little girls play on teeter totters.
This little girl of mine is really growing up.
*tear*

3 comments:

Karen Juarez said...

I'm with her every day and I still can't get over how wonderful she is.

Kimi said...

She. Is. So. Darn. Cute. Look at her being the master of that puzzle! I love how the little boy is looking adoringly at her, and she doesn't even notice.

She's beautiful :)

Jeanette said...

I just wanted to sit and cry and okay, so I teared up, a lot. She's growing up so fast and feel so far away and left out. Eli's so beautiful and I love hearing her little voice when I'm on the phone with Karen during the day ~ too, too wonderful<3

wvw usemotee - when more tee is required either during a golf game or can be usemotea when more tea is needed in a recipe. :D