Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Marco and Jamie

Sometime in December Marco and I went to this Spanish restaurant called Tapas: Flavors of Spain for a requirement he needed to fulfill at school. He had to watch a performance of group or person that played music that was from another culture. So I went on a quest to find out something we could go see and came upon this restaurant that features Flamenco dancing and music on Friday and Saturday nights. It was pretty cool and the guitarists were amazing. The food was good but I ended up throwing it all up at the end of the night (I still wasn’t over the whole ‘morning sickness’ thing.) At least I could enjoy it while it lasted right?


Christmas came and went pretty quickly. It was really fun celebrating it with all of Marco’s mom’s family from Mexico. They are all such fun people and everything is so much better when they are all together. Thankfully, my morning sickness was dissipating and I was able to enjoy all the wonderful foods my mother-in-law and aunt-in-laws made. I was really worried about this part, as was Marco, since we both weren’t sure when this would happen again. He REALLY wanted me to experience everything, especially the food. On Christmas day we had a big dinner and I was sequestered to do the mashed potatoes for what seemed like a million people. I used about 18 ½ lbs of potatoes to make these things. Marco and I are both very grateful for red potatoes that require no peeling and make for some very tasty mashed potatoes. Marco and I both thank whoever it is that bought us the HUGE tamale making pot that I really only use for potatoes and excessive amounts of spaghetti.


For Christmas I got Marco a getaway trip (or babymoon) for us to Laguna Beach at this little bed and breakfast. (I will explain why I got this for him when I do the Marco post.) We had a lot of fun and enjoyed relaxing for the time that we were there. It was so nice not having to do anything but what we felt like doing and we could do it whenever we wanted. We walked around the little shopping areas in Laguna Beach and ate at this awesome restaurant for lunch. I can’t remember the name but I really suggest people eat there. :) I’ll have to ask Marco. We also looked at lots of art galleries which is how we came up with the theme for our nursery which is....wait for it.......Dr. Seuss! We are really excited about it and have found some really cute items. We are especially excited about the fact that Pottery Barn Kids has a whole Dr. Seuss bedding set. How awesome is that? Unfortunately the weekend had to end and we had to go back home but the rest of the weekend was great.


We attended the reception of some friends of ours which was awesome. They are so great and we are so happy for them. I must say that being married is one of the best things ever, especially when you really truly love and like the person you are married to.


Marco and I bought a new car in the month of January. It has four doors and a good size trunk and I can actually get in and out of it without too much effort. (I re-read what I just wrote and if you read it the way I did it makes it sound like I am excited about having a trunk that I can get in and out of without too much effort. hahahaha) We are both very happy with our buy, especially since we didn’t have to go into any debt to do it. That always makes for a happy day.
Marco and I made a few New Year’s resolutions and one of them is to read to our baby in Spanish every day. It is really fun and Marco goes to the library every two weeks to pick out a bunch of new books. It is helping me to learn Spanish as well which is nice. Especially since I can understand a lot more of what is being said when we are with Marco’s extended family. It is also fun to see how animated Marco gets when reading the books and he likes to see me read it with my different voices while still managing to say things correctly. I think he is thoroughly impressed with my skills.


We took some time this past month to look at strollers, car seats and travel systems. We finally decided on a travel system which was delivered this last week. It took us a while to decide because there is so much to choose from and we wanted to make sure we really, really liked it. Well, we love it and it makes me happy every time I see it.


That is all I can think to write about the two of us right now. I will (hopefully soon) move on to writing some stuff about me.

0 comments: