Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Fruit of My Womb

I receive an email each week from babycenter.com telling me what will be happening to my baby that week, how it is developing and the size it now is (approximately). Pretty much every week the size is compared to some sort of fruit, although other food items are occasionally used. I thought I would share with y'all the edible items my baby has been compared to starting with the most recent. Enjoy!
17 weeks - a turnip
16 weeks - an avocado

15 weeks - an apple
14 weeks - a lemon



13 weeks - a medium shrimp
(i guess the quarter is supposed to help you know the size of a medium shrimp)
12 weeks - a lime


11 weeks - a fig


10 weeks - a kumquat




9 weeks - a grape

It amazes me how much the baby grows in such a short period of time. This is definitely nothing short of a miracle. I will keep everyone updated as to what item of food my baby is compared to each week. I know you can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Kimi said...

I'm on the edge of my seat. It's funny to me that they use fruits and veggies that are not all that common, like the kumquat. In case you care to know, my little girl is now the size of a banana. Hopefully someday our turnip and banana will get to play together :) HUGS!

Briana said...

How funny. I like your food comparisons! :) And it was so great meeting you and your dad the other day. You are a very special family, blessing everyone in your paths -- I can just tell!