Saturday, April 12, 2008

yup

so i must say that i am really enjoying this three day weekend i am currently in the middle of. (i know i should not be ending a sentence with a preposition, but sometimes i cannot help it.) i was able to take friday off with many thanks to my parental units. it has made me think that we should really only have four day workweeks. i think it would make everyone much more productive.  i know that in my four days i got a lot of work done knowing i had one less day. okay, so i suppose that thinking would go away if i always had only four days to get what i ususually get done in five so...nevermind. i think i will stick with the five day workweek. it makes for a little less stress each day.


onto another subject. can i just tell you how flippin' excited i am for monday? i, along with marco, am going to be seeing...wait for it.....PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!!!! 
i have been wanting to see this opera/musical/production since i was the young age of six. so, if i can do my math correctly, after almost 16 years my dream is finally coming true. this is going to be one of the most momentous occassions of my life. it was singing to this wonderful soundtrack that caused me at the age of 6, whilst other children my age were dreaming of being firemen and teachers and such, wanted to become an opera singer. because of this dream i was able to convince marco to dish out the big bucks for some pretty good seats. although it is not where i REALLY wanted to sit (we were a little late in buying the tickets) they are still good seats and this in no way can dampen my spirits and joy in finally being able to witness the magic that is the phantom of the opera. 

i must say, i think marco has brought very good luck into my life. not only has he made it so i get to see phantom of the opera, for my birthday last year he got me tickets to a dinner theater to see joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat, another one of my alltime favorite productions. i know every word to those songs and had a very hard time not singing along, as i will at phantom, but thankfully i have some self control allbeit very difficult to bring out at times such as this. as i digress....in all seriousness i have to thank my dear husband for bringing all this luck into my life and making all my dreams come true. 

3 comments:

Kimi said...

Yo, I'm totally jealous. Remember when Uncle Mike was going to take us, and they said no kids allowed?! Seriously!
I hope you have a blast. And I hope, also, that you don't sing along. Although I, too, would have to use some self restraint not to. :)

Lynne said...

You have to let me know how you like it. I saw it a couple of weeks age at OCPAC, and I wasn't impressed. Am I completely uncultured? I LOVED Wicked and Annie and Lion King and others, but Phantom just didn't do it for me.

Lynne said...

Sorry for the double comment, but I wanted to give you guys my blog address, too... ichimedin.wordpress.com.