I haven't posted what is going on in our life in a long while. Since I am in Tucson, AZ and not able to go anywhere since Eliana is taking a nap, I figured I would do a post about happenings in our life.
Most know this by now, but we moved to a new apartment. We are so happy with our move and could not have been more blessed in finding this place. We are within walking distance of the Orange Circle, Karen is a couple blocks away, I feel SO much safer, especially when I've got Eliana with me, we have 2 bedrooms, a one car garage, laundry on-site, and an AMAZING new ward. Oh, and I am still the same distance from work and it takes Marco pretty much the exact same time to get to school. Did I mention this only costs us $100 more a month in rent? I don't think I can thank the Lord enough for this blessing. We really feel at home in our new place and it feels so right to be where we are at.
Eliana is 9 months 3 weeks old. I still can't believe time is going by so quickly. In a little over 2 months she will be 1. ONE! crazy. She has been such a blessing in our life and I really can't remember what life was like before she arrived. The joy she brings to us each day is sometimes more than we can handle. Here is a list of some of the things Eliana has accomplished in the last few months:
dance
(well bounce and move to the beat of the music)
clap
wave
6 teeth. 2 on bottom 4 on top
(i think 2 more are coming in on the bottom)
crawl
pull up to stand and walk along things
stand on her own for a few seconds to a minute
click her tongue
blow raspberries
whistle
match pitch
(occasionally, but she is getting better)
say mama and dada and knows what each means
eat lots of different foods - some favorites being cheese, yogurt, bread, turkey, carrots, peas, butternut squash, bananas, strawberries, potatoes, pasta, anything on mommy or daddy's plate
yell - loudly
pick up microscopic items and put them in her mouth as quickly as possible
drink from a sippy cup
pull herself up to play piano
I'm sure there is more, but I think that gives you an idea. Pretty incredible what can be accomplished in such a short period of time. I'm pretty sure she will be walking by her first birthday. Not sure how I feel about this, but what can I do? I'm happy she is progressing so well.
Marco is in the credential program and will be doing his student teaching in the fall. Hopefully once that is done I will be able to stop working and stay home with Eliana. This all depends on how fast Marco is able to get a job. I am so proud of Marco and all he is doing and has done. He is so amazing and is working so hard to make sure he can provide for us. I couldn't ask for a better husband. I wish I could be at home with Eliana now but I love that she gets so much time with her daddy. I can see the adoration and love she has for him. It is beyond adorable the way she looks at him and how she calls for him. What is really awesome is she recognizes his voice when singing. We were at one of Marco's concerts with the Anaheim Chorale the other night. Marco had a solo and it was his turn to sing. Eliana was sitting on my lap playing with something and the instant Marco started singing Eliana stopped what she was doing, turned in the direction of Marco's voice and said "Dada!" and started clapping. Too cute for words.
Life is going really well. We are happy and enjoying every minute of every day. I have to say that Marco and I seem to fall more in love as each day goes by and I know that my happiness is due to the fact I have him in my life.
Well, my little bug is awake so I have to go. Hope you enjoyed this and I will post pictures when I get back from Tucson.
PS - If you are curious as to why we are in Tucson, it is for a choral director's convention.

6 comments:
you're in tucson? We're an hour away? and on your route home-can you meet up?
I liked this post a whole lot :) You're such a good example of being grateful for everything you have. I love you soooooo much! Give your beautiful little girl big hugs for me!
I'm really glad you moved to where you did as well :) I love being able to see all of you so often and with barely any notice. Eliana says your names??!?!? How did I not know this?
Ema - We are in Tucson. We are heading up to Queen Creek on Saturday as part of our way home to stay with some friends for the night. It all depends on when we leave since I dont' know what Marco is going to for the convention on Saturday. I'll check with Marco because that would be so much fun!
I just saw your response, not sure if you meant this past Saturday or the one coming up. I would LOVE to see you but I understand if you are busy. :) You can email me at emagriffin @ gmail dot com
I love reading about what's going on with all of you. You have to get Josh and Candy to start a blog so I can keep up with them too.
I can't wait to be with you all and I get so sad when I read what Eliana and my other grandbabies are achieving without me being there, but at the same time am so thankful they have such wonderful mommies and daddies that take such great care of their tender little spirits.
Post a Comment