Saturday, November 15, 2008

I know.

It has been forever since I've posted and I promise I have a good reason. It is because I'm pregnant and haven't been able to handle sitting at the computer typing one of these things after being on the computer all day during the week. But I thought it was about time I just sucked it up and let everyone know. I'm pregnant! Yay! :) I'm due May 14 and as of right now am 14 weeks. Marco has taken a couple pictures and I'll have to get him to put them on his computer so I can post them on here for you all to see. 
Things have been pretty hard thus far but it is getting better so no complaints from me. Plus, how can I complain when I get something so wonderful at the end of all this. I am also very grateful for Zofran because without it I'd have to go to the hospital to get an IV.  It has made it so I can eat, albeit only cheese and white bread plus a few beans, hash browns and jello every now and then, as well as keep liquids down, i.e., water with either crystal light or propel to-go packets in it. It also has made it so I can still work which is a definite blessing because that is how Marco and I stay living here in this very expensive state of California. 
Although I still have the Zofran I am still throwing up about 3-4 times a day (which is much better than the 8-10 times I was before) but at least it is now when I'm in the comfort of my own home. I really hate doing it in public places. Gross. 
I have to also say how extremely wonderful Marco is and how blessed I am to have him as my husband. He is so kind and sweet and does whatever he can to help me out. He is there rubbing my back when I'm throwing up and making sure my hair stays out of the way, he makes me breakfast everyday and the other meals I have to eat when I'm home as I get really claustrophobic in our little kitchen and all the smells make me sick. He rubs my back when it hurts and just takes care of me in general. He is always telling me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me and it helps me to make it through the day, especially knowing he is who I'm coming home to. When I'm having a particularly hard day, he is right there hugging me and making everything better (especially when he does his little dances for me.) I love him more than anything and I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for letting me have someone so wonderful in my life. 
So that is my update as of now and I will do my best to be better at keeping everyone updated. 

6 comments:

The Breakwell Family said...

We are so excited for you guys to start your family! It will be so fun for Keegan to have another little cousin around his age. As for the nausea and barfiness...I'm so sorry that you've had to go through that too. I'm glad that the med has helped you though to make it bearable. It definitely helped me too (I would not have been able to function without it) but unfortunately it did not make all the barfing go away. After barfing just about every stinkin' day for the whole 9 months (all the way through the labor too) I can completely sympathize with you. Hang in there! And you are definitely right...you do get something so incredibly wonderful in the end that it makes it all worth it. We love you guys. Take good care of yourself! (Glad to hear that Marco is being such a sweet and caring...go Marco!)

Kimi said...

You're what?!?!?! Just kidding ;) Hopefully the morning sickness will either go away or diminish A LOT. I seriously wish you lived closer! I love you, beautiful - give Marco a hug for being so wonderful.

Caitlin said...

Hooray for the announcement! I hope the nausea passes soon :)

stacy said...

Yay for you two!!! I LOVE babies!!!! I also have a great love for Zofran. Particularly when it's being infused into subcutaneous tissue! I hope it passes soon for you, but I know from experience it's never soon enough.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Congrats Jamie!! Wohoo. Boo on the morning sickness. I did not really have it with Lauren but I had a horrible case with Mikey. Yucky. I hope it will go away soon. Have you tried the preggy pops? They worked like a charm for me. You can buy them at any motherhood maternity store. I'm so happy for you an Marco.

Kimi said...

I love you Auntie Jamie! You're so pretty! - Brinkley